Pinterest, a very prominent social media site, is now growing in popularity right behind Twitter and is growing fast. Pinterest creates more referral traffic than Twitter and LinkedIn. Of course, this popular social website can do a lot for your business and your online presence, but as with all tools, it needs to be used properly.
The basic idea of Pinterest is to start boards on which you attach pictures with a text description of your fixation. Some of the most popular types of pins are home, crafts, style, fashion and food. Food is one of the fastest growing popular categories.
Learning to pin more efficiently helps you increase your visibility, traffic, and revenue.
1. Fix regularly – Plan a fixation plan and stick to it. Be sure to stick at different times for best results. Try to pin down at least 20 times throughout the day. It's better to pin down the whole week throughout, as holding bulk material in spurts.
2. Colors Produce More Results – It's been shown that red and orange colors produce more results than blue. You also want to use multiple colors in your images, as opposed to pens with one main color.
3. Available tools – There are many tools that can help you use the PIN feature more effectively. With Pinreach, you can see how good you are and get your Pinterest score. Piqora is a great tool for marketers. You can use it to promote your marketing efforts and track the results. There are many more available to help you perfect your pinning campaign.
4. Description Keywords: Be sure to use the appropriate keywords in your pin description. This will help people find their pins easier and attract more followers and traffic.
5. Background – Pins with less "empty" background get more likes and repins than pins with a small main picture with a lot of background. Make sure your pins are complete and less than 10% of the pin is empty. You could get 2-4 times more answers.
6. Connect to Facebook and Twitter – Always connect to your other social media accounts. This increases your chance for followers, likes, repins etc.
7. Board Names- Make sure you create compelling board names and also use relevant keywords. Board names are like headlines and need to grab people's attention for results. Make a note of which board titles grab your attention and why.
8. Not just "Repin" – Be sure to mix the original pens with the repins. Repining is fine, but add some own pins as well.
9. Write a Smart Description – When writing your description, be sure to add your relevant keywords along with a precise phrase and grammar. Remember the short and simple rule. This increases the likelihood that your PIN will be displayed during searches.
10. Pin Videos – Use the video section of Pinterest. There are a lot more pictures pinned than videos, so you can capture your niche in the video pin community.
11. Blog posts – Be sure to use pictures when posting to your blog, so you can attach the post and image to your boards. Do not pin a full post, but a short teaser with a link will work very well. Post only on appropriate forums and do not overdo the self-promotion.
12. Study your pin data – Pinterest provides statistics on your pins. Use them for your benefit. Find out which ones work and which ones do not and learn from them. Also note the commitment your pins have made.
13. Cover pictures – Choose the cover pictures for your boards wisely. When I search for boards, the title picture pulls me onto the board. You can go over all of your pins to see which one fits best in the assigned space and which ones have the most hits. As usual, look at other panels to see which covers get the most resonance from you.
14. Find Popular Pins – Take some time to check out the most popular pins. Study her to see what sets her apart from other pens. Use this information for your own pins to increase productivity.
15. Group Boards – One of the great features of Pinterest is Group Boards. You can ask the owners of these boards to add you, and you can then pin these boards. Be sure to follow the rules and policies of the owner of the board. Effective sticking to group boards can greatly increase your fan base.
Pinterest is a fun social site that helps you attract more visitors and grow your business. However, as with all marketing media, you must take the time to use it properly so that you can take full advantage of its potential performance.