For some people, Facebook is a great social media tool for businesses and less for others. In fact, growing a pool of fans and followers on Facebook can sometimes be quite a challenge. However, it pays to bother, as this can pay off for your business. Fans and followers are important because they help strengthen your credibility and reputation.
What was is not the same anymore
If you are just starting to build your web presence or have recently started adding new pages to existing ones, you may experience problems with increasing the number of fans. One of the keys to success on Facebook is that you carefully plan your strategy and then execute it until you see the expected results.
It's clear that your Facebook fans are critical to your success. That's why your pool of fans is so important to your business. When you think about what you should do to successfully expand your fan base, you need to take some logical steps to help you reach your desired location.
- Determine exactly who your target market is: Before you can do anything else, you need to know exactly where your brand focus should be. That will affect everything that you do in terms of branding and strategy. Of course, once you have identified your target market (which consists of your audience members), you will need to deal with the likes and dislikes, needs, desires, etc. of these members so that you can develop an appropriate strategy. Because if you are unable (or unwilling) to give them what they want and need, they will not stay with you.
- Do you speak your language? After you have determined exactly who your target audience is and you have successfully penetrated their minds, you need to speak their language next. If the tone of your materials is not appropriate and clear to them, they lose patience and leave. The right tone will do much to build trust between you, and you will also find it more credible in your eyes. Trust and credibility are critical to your success.
- Engage them in a way that works for them: Since all humans are different, they do not necessarily all react to a certain kind of commitment. They react differently. The only way to find a successful engagement approach is to try it out with each person and then determine if it works for him or her. The types of engagement you want to try include a thought-provoking question, sharing an interesting graphic, running a contest, conducting a poll, or giving a provocative comment. One (or more) of these should work for any person you want to agree with.
- Make the commitment: Just like anything else worth seeing, social media engagement requires commitment and a clear message that you are there in the long run. Facebook is certainly no different. If you want to be successful with Facebook, you need to invest time and effort and maintain the relationships you've built with other people. It will not necessarily (in fact probably not) require you to spend a lot of money. However, it will help you to remember that nothing is free in life.
- Be a human: The main reason why your relationship with other people is so successful is that you are human, just like the other person. This means that you connect emotionally and react emotionally to each other. It is very important that you remember that building relationships takes some time. Trust takes time to establish itself and credibility does not happen overnight. You have to be patient and stick with it until you reach a point with the other person that really works for both of you.
- Be consistent with your contributions: It's very important that you keep your content consistent. People need to have something good to look forward to, and they have to see something of them that they can rely on. This means that you post on the same days of the week and at the same times on those days. However, if you find that what you are doing does not work, you will have to check back in while posting. Hopefully (sooner than later) you will find a formula that works for you and your audience members.
- Pay attention to the analytics: Analytics are critical to your career success. You can not just walk around in the dark and have no idea if what you do works for your business. If something does not work, you need to make an adjustment until you find something that works. The fact is that not all companies follow the same approach. In fact, the same approach does not work for all companies. Only you can determine which approach is right for your business.
Facebook is an important social media tool for businesses. Keep in mind, though, that you can not do anything without fans and followers on Facebook (or any other social media channel). Remember, too, that you want your fans to be not only casual but engaged. While you're loyal to the fans you already have, it's still a good idea to grow your Facebook fan pool so you can take your business to the next level. Constant growth is a must.